Thursday, July 21, 2011

What are my chances at getting into UT Austin, Texas A&M, or Texas Tech?

I have a 4.07 gpa for sophomore and junior years, 3.83 including freshmen year. I first took the SAT last month and scored 1870 on it. I am a second degree black belt and had a lot of extracurricular stuff having to do with that (although i had to quit freshmen year). As far a community service goes, well i'm working on it although i have at least 100 undocumented hours from the martial arts. I'm in my schools philosophy club. Also i will be doing hundreds of hours of an internship with southern california edison at a nuclear powerplant throughout my whole senior year. Problem is i live and have lived in california my whole life (hence the socal edison internship). So why would i be looking at Texas schools? I am deadset on petroleum engineering and the best programs are with these two schools. I know they get most of their students with the top ten percent texas schools thing. So as a californian, is it a good possibility i could get in?

No comments:

Post a Comment